Dear babes and bears,
With the school year starting pretty soon, we want to make sure that we are ready and prepared for everything that this year is going to throw at us. In order to help all of you guys, I have created the ultimate "back to school" guide with tips and tricks to help you succeed in every aspect of your life this academic calendar!
- Step outside of your comfort zone: being able to try new things and explore new ideas is the key to growing as a person. If you continue to stay in your comfort zone, the deeper you will get stuck in it and the harder it will be to get out. This school year I have a challange for you: try atleast 3 new things that you wouldn't have tried otherwise. If you don't end up liking it, you don't have to continue, if you do, well now you found something new that you like! You have nothing to lose.
- Find outlets to relieve stress (that isn't scrolling): stress is inevitable during school. That is why you need to find healthy habits in order to combat it. For me, I really like to run. I find it a great way to take pressure off of my mind and fully immerse myself with my body. You could also just invest more time into hobbies like reading or journaling and talking with family and friends.
- Use a planner: I will forever be a planner lover until the day that I die. I simply cannot remember what my life was like before my planner. Planners are great for organization and remebering things. By using a planner, you can stay on top of all your assginments and organize your schedule accordingly. But remember: planners only work if you actually use it everyday! Don't just buy a planner and then let it collect dust.
- Spend atleast 20 mins. outside everyday: spending time outside is very important for mental and physical health. If you keep your mind and body healthy, the world is your oyster!
- Keep a clean and organized space: a clean and organized space is the key to a clean and organized mind. Trying to study or get any work done in a messy room is nearly impossible, but if you maintain your space nicely, then not only will you be able to focus better but you will be more motivated to get your work done and be productive.
- Do your homework immediately: AKA don't procrastinate! By completing your work early, not only will it be done on time but it will also leave you extra time later to enjoy yourself and relax.
- Ask a parent or family member to hide your phone while studying/doing work: have you ever told yourself, "I'm going to study for x amound of time" and just end up scrolling on your phone instead? It starts with getting an innocent notification, then before you know it you are down a rabbit-hole of videos. The main reason you can't get your work done is probably your phone and to that I say: "hide it!" By making sure your phone is out of reach during periods of work or studying, it will help you to stay on task and mute any distractions while blocking out temptation.
- Set up time limits on your phone: it really is that damn phone. Considering that you are reading this blog, I know your screen time is probably very high. Setting limits can allows you to dedicate more time to other things that actually benefit you.
- Set up a good sleep schedule: have you ever tried taking a test on 4 hours of sleep? If you haven't, don't do it!! Especially if you are a student-athlete or have big goals, get your sleep!! I don't think I can stress this enough. Other than food, sleep is literally your fuel and you need it to perform to the best of your ablity. That is why if you are trying to be an academic weapon this year, get those eight hours, girl!
- Take every opportunity: you never know what could happen, that is why you should take every chance you get.
xoxo,
Maria


No comments:
Post a Comment