Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Short story/novel updates

Dear babes and bears,

As some of you may know I am trying to write a novel and (hopefully) get it published. Right now I have like only half of the first chapter actually written out LOL, however, I have my outline for the general idea of what each chapter will entail. The only thing is, I don't know if I want to make this a novel or a short story. I honestly don't think I have enough patience to write a whole book but considering the amount of lore to my story that I have added I might need to make it into a full length novel. Though I've always wanted to write a book, this kind of intimidates me because I honestly don't think I ever written more than like 15 pages for one project. Obviously I know I can write more than 15 pages, I'm just worried about the quality of my writing. Also, I'm not loving the pacing of my novel so far either. I don't really know how to move from one scene to the next so I've just been trying out different tactics to see which one works the best with my story. I will say, I think I am definitely more suited to write short stories and flash fiction. With longer works I don't have a lot of spare time to dedicate to them so it is harder to actually get things done. Hopefully by the end of October I've made some more progress .😅


xoxo,

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short story/novel updates

Dear babes and bears, As some of you may know I am trying to write a novel and (hopefully) get it published. Right now I have like only half...