Wednesday, August 12, 2026

movie recs!


 Dear babes and bears,

With school practically breathing down our necks, we have to be prepared and get ready, and what better way then with an awesome fall-themed movie!

Before I talk a little bit more about each movie, I want to preface this by saying that these movies aren't really "feel good" movies. However, I do find them to be amazing pieces of art that deserve to be appreciated.

Starting off with my favorite of the three movies, Donnie Darko. This one might actually be my favorite movie of all time. It is a little bit horror-esque but I would mainly classify it as a psychological thriller/science fiction movie. The story follows a highschool boy named Donnie, he is mentally ill and deals with hallucinations. He has to take pills in order to supress them. One day, a plane crashes into his house and him and his family must move out and readjust to this new life. Donnie must learn to deal with the pressures of school and mental illness if he wants to improve. I rate this movie a perfect five out of five stars. It is pure art and I love it so so much. Even if this genre might not be your cup of tea, I still highly recommend it and I think that everyone should watch it atleast once in their lifetime.

Next we have the stop-motion movie Coraline. I remember trying to watch this movie as a kid on Halloween and getting so scared LOL. Now that I am older, I don't get scared as easily and that is why I can recommend Coraline as your next fall movie! The entire color pallete and aesthetic of the movie fits perfectly for fall. It's a fun movie to watch with friends or family and it has a great story-line.

Lastly, we have the ultimate fall movie: Twilight. If you aren't watching Twilight this fall with a blankie, warm cup of hot cocoa, and a pumpkin spice candle lit, what are you even doing? 

xoxo,

Maria

3 comments:

  1. I literally love donnie darko, im so glad its coming back to theaters for a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg wait fr?? im def gonna watch it @ellie

      Delete
  2. Coraline is my childhood, I love love love

    ReplyDelete

Short story/novel updates

Dear babes and bears, As some of you may know I am trying to write a novel and (hopefully) get it published. Right now I have like only half...